Can you allow players to create their own teams?

Hi,
Apologies if this issue has been brought up before.
Can you please allow players to create their own teams instead of the host having to create them?
For us, for our live in person trivia nights, this would save a lot of time as Logging in of players/teams is cumbersome and confusing sometimes as players don’t know which team to choose etc.
They take forever to choose a team name etc.
If they simply could login pick a team name and be ready to start it would make our life so much easier. This is even more difficult when we are hosting virtual games where players are playing as teams.
Any help on this would be awesome.
Love your product!
Garry

2 Likes

Hi Garry,
Don’t know if this will be of help, but for my virtual team events, I premake teams in advance, basing their names on parts of a sandwich. Team Bacon, Lettuce, Pickles, etc. For live events, don’t let them decide, give them a token with a team name or picture; this could be nothing more than cutouts that you print at home. For virtual, don’t let them decide. Once you have enough players send them to random breakout rooms, then immediately close the breakout rooms, which usually takes 60 seconds. In Zoom you can name breakout rooms before the event. Whatever breakout room the player is sent to is their name. When they come back from the breakouts have a slide with the Crowdpurr QR code and URL/Game code showing and a link in the chat. Apologies if I misunderstood your ask and none of these suggestions are of help.
Jimmie G

2 Likes

@garry And just to be clear, I don’t work for Crowdpurr. I just love the product like you and use it for many of my events.
Jimmie G

1 Like

Hi Jimmie,
I like the idea of pre-printing team names to be handed out!
Thank you!!!

1 Like

We have never allowed players to create their own Advanced Teams because we always assumed it would be way too problematic and confusing.

Such as knowing who on the team is going to create the team first. We assume you’d end up with duplicate team names, confused players not knowing which one to join, then having to correct the resulting mess.

It’s just simpler… to create the teams ahead of time.