[RELEASED] Don't Show Correct Text Answer If No One Submitted It

So, for my trivia game I do a “final jeopardy” style wager, and it’s always a text answer. I play around with this to have fun, I choose questions that people are likely to give a silly answer to, etc. I’d like to be able to show everyone’s text answers on screen (not all of which always appear by the way, but that’s another issue) before showing the correct answer. But the way the platform is now, when I show responses, the correct answer shows (even if no one has answered it) which spoils the surprise.

Any way to hide answers that have zero responses is, I guess, what I’m asking. I don’t need the correct answer hidden if a team has actually gotten it … only if it’s correct and NO ONE has gotten it.

Does this make sense? I don’t think this has been asked before, but if so my apologies.

4 Likes

Hi @saltpdx, thanks for reaching out!

Indeed, the Live Answer Results view for Text Answer questions is designed to display the correct answer along with players’ submitted responses even if none of the participants submitted a matching correct answer. At this time, there’s not currently a way to hide the correct text answer during the Live Answer Results view in this scenario.

However, hiding the correct answer before the Correct Answer view is shown would be a helpful feature to add to the platform so we’ll be sure to relay this to the team for their consideration.

As far as not all text answer responses appearing when the Live Answer Results is displayed, we’d be happy to look into this issue further. In this case, please feel free to reach out to our Help Desk at help@crowdpurr.com with details of the last occurrence as we’d be happy to help further.

2 Likes

There’s been several requests for this change. I believe originally it was specifically requested that the correct answer to be shown when enabling Show Live Answers Results (A) even if no one answered it. Can’t remember the reasoning behind this.

But since this request has come in from more than one user, we’ll get this updated and let you know here once that’s done.

4 Likes

Hi @saltpdx. Just wanted to report that we’ve corrected this issue and our latest update no longer displays the correct answer for text/numerical answer questions if it wasn’t submitted by a participant when enabling Show Live Answer Results.

Thanks for reporting this!

2 Likes

Thank you! I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your responsiveness. In a world of tech platforms that are faceless and inhuman, Crowdpurr is a shining star of actual humans making things better. :heart:

2 Likes