Additional answer reveal for type to text questions

Hello,

I host a few rounds that are photo based with only a type in text answer and was wondering if there was a way to show a photo with or instead of the the text. For instance, I do a photo round with color block images like the one shown here. This one happens to be a disney character round with the answer being Genie.
Genie

When I reveal the answer, I would like to have the option to show the image of the Genie like this

or just the text “Genie” or both.

I know you can do image answers in multiple choice questions but there doesn’t seem to be an option for the Type in text questions.

2 Likes

Hi @c.s.slater, great question!

Based on what you wrote, it sounds like you may actually be interested in using the Question Notes feature for your setup. For instance, you can upload the color block image as a Question Media; however, you can use the Question Notes feature to display the actual image to reveal the whole image. Question Notes are also designed to show up after the question has stopped receiving answers, which sounds like the flow of your current workflow if you’d like to display the image as part of the answer reveal. This feature allows you to share additional information about your questions or answers during your Experience by using our rich-text header to add headers, paragraphs, hyperlinks, lists, and image content to supplement your questions and answers.

For more information on how this feature works, please check out the following Help Center article:

Question Notes Explained

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion, I think that will work with some of the images. My next question would be, is it possible to upload a image to the question notes vs putting in a link? Sometimes I have to go in and edit an image and that image isn’t on the web, but on my computer, so only having the option to put in a link doesn’t work. And if it isn’t an option, I think that would be a helpful option to have in the future.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the help!

2 Likes

Hi @c.s.slater, anytime! I’m happy to help.

Currently, adding images to Question Notes does require the image to be added using its image address. However, a workaround you may be interested in using is to upload images onto an external image-hosting site to obtain the image’s URL. Once you have retrieved and copied your image’s URL, you would then paste this URL on the Insert Link module that pops up when you click on the Add Picture button for the Question Notes as displayed below:

However, adding the ability to directly upload Question Notes images in the same way as adding Question Media would be a helpful ability to add so I’ll be sure to jot this down for our team’s consideration.

1 Like