It’s nice that participants can upload up to 20mb pictures, but the final images are pretty low quality. One of our users built a way of running Costume Contests by downloading the top pictures and adding them to a slide show with corresponding titles and colors to the options on a Poll.
That’s a separate feature request we would love to see: adding pictures to Polls
As it exists, we’d love access to a higher resolution version of Social Wall posts. (Following proper permission processes) It also affords better opportunities to use those photos for promotional marketing.
We indeed currently downsize any uploaded images on the Social Wall to a 500x500. We can increase this resolution. It’s probably time to do that. We’ll report back here once we’ve done that.
I’m considering using the Social Wall for a high school reunion in a little over 4 months. I will need to upgrade to the $50 plan to get more than 20 participants. I have two questions. First, can I cancel at anytime (since, honestly, I only need it for our reunion)? Second, is it possible to download all the photos uploaded to the photo wall, so I can compile them all and share over Google Drive? I’m curious what happens to all the photos uploaded. Kindly advise. Thank you.
You can download them now, but it’s a bit of a convoluted work-around. We are adding this feature in the near-term and it should be ready soon. I’ll update this thread when we have both 1) increased the size of social wall images and 2) provided a new feature to easily download them.
Hang tight for about a week or so. Thanks for checking out Crowdpurr!
Sounds good! I look forward to upgrading to use your platform for our reunion. It’s going to be great to have people uploads photos and for us to download to create an album for print.
I just wanted to report here that we have released a few new Social Wall features. They include:
A new Download Post Images button that downloads all of your Social Wall’s images into a ZIP file for easy saving.
A new Post Format setting under Experience Dashboard → Settings → Social Channels → Crowdpurr Settings. This let’s you specify how your participants can post to the wall - Text Only, Images Only, Text or Images, and Text and Images.
All Social Wall posts support up to 2500x2500px images and they are saved at full fidelity.
You can read more notes in our latest version update. We’ll have Help Center updates coming this week to further explain how to use the above new features.
This is also the first phase of some new Social Wall features/updates that will all be released in a new blog post coming in another week or so. But I wanted to let you know here that right now you can easily download your Social Wall’s images with the above new feature.
And I never answered you before, yes, you can cancel at anytime if you’re on a monthly plan. Upon canceling, you’ll still have access for the remainder of your upgraded month, you’ll just not renew at the start of the next monthly cycle.