Version 4.2.0 - Minor Updates & Bug Fixes
- When activating Show Live Answers Results (A) on a multiple-choice poll question, the Presentation View and Participant View now sort the poll answer options by how many votes they received. This displays the highest voted poll options first, for easier viewing of the top voted poll answer options and the overall results.
- Fixed a bug in the Experience Dashboard’s Crowd Activity export CSV where for Drag & Drop Order questions where the Correct Answer value was incomplete and only displayed a single answer option.
- Fixed a bug on the Participant View where Type-In Text Answer and Type-In Numerical Answer questions used in polls were not displaying that participant’s cast vote value.
- Fixed a bug on the Participant View when the First Name and Last Name lead capture fields were enabled where the participant’s name was displayed in the upper-right corner without a space between the First Name and Last Name.
- Fixed a bug on the Experience Dashboard’s Summary tab where multiple-choice poll questions’ answer options were sorted by votes, but not respecting each answer option’s letter.
Version 4.2.1 - Next Round Bug Fixes
- The player name in the upper-right corner on the Participant View and the dropdown menu received a slight design update. The upper-right corner menu on the Experience Dashboard also is updated.
- Updated the newly added Disconnected/Connected notifications to no longer display when switching between apps/tabs when using the Participant View on a mobile device. The Participant View now quietly reconnects in this scenario.
- Fixed several bugs when using the Next Round feature with different experience types (e.g. poll to trivia to poll to bingo, etc.) The Presentation View and Experience Dashboard could both fail to load and/or not have full functionality, especially related to Viewer Controls and keyboard shortcuts.
- Fixed a bug where triggering a Next Round while a participant was away from the Participant View (e.g. using a different app or browser tab) would not update the Participant View to the updated experience upon returning.
- Fixed a bug when using Next Round set to an External URL would still have labels on the Participant View like “Next Round Is Coming Up…” where it seemed like another round was about to occur.
- Fixed a bug when using Next Round in Crowd Controlled Mode where the final rankings leaderboard would not display long enough if any Question Notes were added on the final question.
- Fixed a minor bug where removing a set Next Round on the Experience Dashboard would not update the UI of the Participant View in real-time.
- Fixed a bug where called bingo squares would be missed and un-markable on the Participant View if the player switched to a different tab/app and returned after those squares were called (CPDV-497).
- Fixed a bug where refreshing the browser on the Participant View during a trivia or bingo game would reset the players score to zero until Show Correct Answer (C) or Show Rankings Leaderboard (R) were called by the host (CPDV-498).
Version 4.2.2 - Live Streaming Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug when a user would run out of live streaming minutes, their current live stream would not be stopped immediately and would continue on until manually stopped (CPDV-320).
- Fixed a bug where a user’s Live Stream Minutes would continue to get decremented after pressing Stop Stream until the user ultimately clicked Shut Down Stream (CPDV-333).
- Fixed several bugs with Crowdpurr Customer Support accessibility to provide support for users’ live streams (CPDV-394).
Version 4.2.3 - Internationalization (i18n) Redesign Including Sixteen Languages!
Internationalization Overhaul - Keeping in line with updating long overdue systems in Crowdpurr this year, we completely overhauled our previous internationalization (i18n) system. This system is what allows the Presentation View and Participant View to be shown in different languages. Our previous design had quite a few flaws as pointed out by our International customers. The new system not only fixes problems with translations, but adds a total of sixteen languages. You can now select from the following languages:
- Arabic (العربية)
- Bengali (বাংলা)
- Danish (Dansk)
- German (Deutsch)
- Spanish (Español)
- French (Français)
- Hindi (हिन्दी")
- Italian (Italiano)
- Japanese (日本語)
- Korean (한국어)
- Polish (Polski)
- Portuguese (Português)
- Russian (Русский)
- Turkish (Türkçe)
- Chinese (中文)
All of our translations have been completely redone with the help of both AI and human translators. We’ll continue to improve translations when reported by the community. Which will now be much easier moving forward due to the new system’s design.
We’ll be adding Internationalization to the entire application (e.g. Experience Dashboard) at a later date. This update was long overdue and marks the first step in serving our International community much better. We’ll also highlight and discuss this feature more in an upcoming new feature blog post.
- Fixed minor design issues on the Participant View with answer option text color when the answer options use images (CPDV-506).
Version 4.2.4 - Answer Stats Bar & Bug Fixes
- The recently added Answer Stats Bar can now be disabled/enabled as an interface option under Experience Dashboard → Settings → Interface → Interface Settings. It is enabled by default on all existing and new experiences.
- Fixed a bug on the Question Note editor where once a strike-through was added to text it could no longer be removed (CPDV-196).
- Fixed a bug where hyperlinks added on the Question Note editor could not be edited or tested (CPDV-405).
- Fixed a bug on the Participant View where YouTube videos added to questions could not be unmuted by participants (CPDV-502).
- Fixed a bug on the Presentation View where Advanced Team Rankings would sometimes not refresh completely when switching between single-game and multi-game rankings (CPDV-503).
- Fixed a bug where users are unable to create new live streams after upgrading if they previously depleted all of their streaming minutes on the free Basic Plan (CPDV-505).
- Fixed a bug on the Presentation View where submitted text/numerical answers were not displaying when a correct answer was not set (CPDV-495).
- Fixed bug in the Disconnected/Reconnected notifications preventing them from constantly flashing on and off when participant has a poor connection on the Participant View and their connection is connecting and reconnecting. Also fixed an issue where the Disconnected notification could get duplicated and stacked repetitively (CPDV-500).
- Minor bug fixes in newly added i18n translation system.
- Minor design improvements.
Version 4.2.5 - Bug Fixes & Optimizations
- Added a new pre-caching of questions and answers that improves large-scale (over 5,000 participants) poll and trivia game question loading times.
- The Crowd Activity table now allows more width for cell values to allow easier viewing of cast answer values.
- Users with over 5,000 participants in their experiences (e.g. Crowdpurr Custom users) can now manually export their data to CSV. Previously these required Crowdpurr support.
- Fixed a bug where data CSV exports on the Experience Dashboard were not working when using the Survivor Mode trivia format game (CPDV-510).
- Fixed a bug where the Presentation View would incorrectly show a question’s text when advancing to a Points Wager question immediately following a Points Wager question (CPDV-38).
- Fixed a bug where previous participants of other experiences were immediately added to newly joined experiences before successfully completing the required lead capture form fields (CPDV-293).
- Fixed a bug where the Answer Stats bar’s Answered Correct % was not always updating correctly on the Participant View (CPDV-489).
- Fixed a bug where removing the first cast text-answer option on the Experience Dashboard would no longer allow any cast text-answer options to be removed. When using Manually Review Text-Responses the same issue also occurred after approving the first unapproved cast text-answer option.
- Updated to latest Amazon Web Services API (CPDV-463).
- Removed legacy Autoform package from app and Meteor-version of moment.js package.
- Migrated codebase away from legacy “NONE”-type field values. We now check for existence instead of a string value (CDPV-360).
- Added additional rules for allowing users to remove their user account when user is still upgraded (CPDV-401, CPDV-402, CPDV-210).
- Fixed a bug where the Trivia/Bingo Library would list duplicate games when scrolling a category (CPDV-486).
- Fixed a configuration issue that wasn’t fully removing Participant View background images from image server.
- Minor improvements when working with VIP Guest List (CPDV-286).
- Minor translation fixes in recently added i18n translation system.
- Minor design improvements.
Version 4.2.6 - Bug Fixes & Optimizations
- Added additional optimization that combines Participant View question and answer server fetches into a single fetch and cuts server calls in half per question (especially noticeable on experiences with over 5,000 participants).
- The Participant View now displays a basic skeleton loader when loading the question and answers instead of the three dots loader.
- Optimized cache clearing logic in several places to more optimally clear the various server caches used by the Participant Views.
- Adjusted cache timeout lengths to be more performant (especially noticeable on experiences with over 5,000 participants).
- Fixed a bug where Participant View Question Timer stopped working after the first question.
- Fixed a bug where Participant Views were over-requesting player rankings when not needed based on different actions within the overall app (e.g. player joining experience, host refreshing Experience Dashboard).
Version 4.2.7 - Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug that would cause the Participant View’s Final Rankings Leaderboard to flicker/load when the game was finished.
- Fixed a recently added bug that prevented signing into a Poll or Social Wall with the Participant View when using either the email or phone number lead capture fields.
- Fixed a recently added bug that prevented loading Social Walls from loading on the Participant View.
- Fixed a recently added bug that prevented the Points Wagering interface from displaying on the Participant View for points wager questions (CPDV-515).
Version 4.2.8 - Bug Fixes
- Fixed a recently added bug that would not allow a Question Note to be removed once added to a question. This bug also affected being able to remove a question’s Per-Question Points, Per-Question Time, Points Wager Hint, and Question Link. It also affected removing and resetting a set Next Round on the Experience Dashboard and an Experience’s custom button colors (CPDV-532).
- Fixed a recently added bug where after pausing a trivia game or poll, then updating its active question, then unpausing, the Participant View would remain on the question when paused (CPDV-531).
- Fixed a bug that could cause some participants to not load YouTube videos added to Question Media and/or On-Demand YouTube videos on their devices.
- Fixed a bug when user or admin clones an experience, its custom A La Carte Participant increase (if present) would not be retained in the cloned experience.
- Fixed a bug when an admin clones an experience to a different user than its owner, it’s Multi-Game Rankings trivia and bingo games were being cloned to the different user (CPDV-501).
- Fixed minor translation issues in the Italian language.
Version 4.2.9 - Bug Fixes & Minor Improvements
- On-Demand YouTube and Twitch video timings can now be edited after they’re added. Similar to how Question Media YouTube video timing can be edited after adding (CPDV-291).
- All Trivia Library questions that are Type-In Text Answer or Type-In Numerical Answer now have 20 seconds by default in order to allow participants more time to answer when compared to the 15 seconds given for Multiple-Choice questions.
- Similarly, all Trivia Library questions that are Drag & Drop Order now have 30 seconds by default in order to allow participants more time to answer when compared to the 15 seconds given for Multiple-Choice questions.
- Fixed a recently added bug in bingo games where updating bingo squares on the Experience Dashboard would not update to the Participant View upon reloading it. Also fixed a similar issue with trivia answer options not updating to the Participant View after editing on the Experience Dashboard (CPDV-536).
- Fixed a bug where importing VIP Guests using a CSV would always report an error notification despite a successful import (CPDV-528).
- Fixed a bug on the Experience Dashboard where On-Demand Videos could not be removed after adding (related to CPDV-532).
- Fixed a bug where a Type-in Text Answer question’s correct answer that featured any curly-style quotes would not match to typed in answer guesses with straight (standard) quotes. Curly quotes are now updated to be straight quotes in both text-answer question correct answers and cast votes so they always match successfully (CPDV-504).
- Fixed a bug where the final rankings leaderboard may not display any rankings or may have outdated rankings when completing a trivia game in Crowd Controlled Mode (CPDV-509).
- Fixed a bug where the Participant View Results Summary would display when finishing a trivia game, even if the player had no votes. Occasionally, host users will reset games right before starting their trivia game and this was displaying all the questions and correct answers in the Results Summary for players prior to the game starting (during the Finished stage when resetting). Now, players must have at least one vote in order to have the Results Summary displayed on the Participant View to prevent this accidental display of the questions and correct answers (CPDV-102).
- Fixed a bug where the VIP Guest List table’s pagination would not work correctly when changing the amount of items per page. This issue is also fixed in the various Admin back-end tables (CPDV-523).
- Fixed a bug where the “New Version Available” notification would only display on the Experience Dashboard. The notification now appears anywhere in app.crowdpurr.com (except full-screened Presentation Views - as we assume this type of notification is not relevant when full-screened and in use).
- Various bug fixes on admin panel back-end.
- Internal fixes to testing data (CPDV-451).
- Minor design improvements.